News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Plano

Started by Inchlaggan, November 04, 2014, 02:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

As far back as three years ago I was advocating (on the forum) the use of Plano bags and accessories (normally used in the building trade) as cheap alternatives to the practically identical "badged" items from the like of Sage, Simms, Orvis, Hardy etc.
The bags were about a quarter of the price. £30 as opposed to £120. I hope you all took my sage advice.
A Sportfish catalogue has popped into the letterbox today. It features a selection of Plano fishing tackle storage. The thirty quid set up is now £150.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Inchlaggan

Quote from: guest on November 04, 2014, 02:43:13 PM
Ken, I'm pretty sure the Plano box has been the 'go to' box of the rapala/lure fishing fraternity for quite some time
Yep, and that is where I got into them.
I may be talking pish as usual, but this is the first time I've seen them advertised in a fishing catalogue as such.
That, and the change in price.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Bobfly

My copy thumped in the door today as well all 216 pages. I treat it only as interesting casual reading (which it is ) rather than seeing them as the go-to cost-effective gear supplier !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Highlander

Plano tackle boxes have been around for EONS much favoured by American bait casters. I have one that I bought in the 70s & it is still going strong. It does not see too much water now but acts as a storage for various lures. It is an Old Pal model two tray cantilever type. Top notch product but with at least nowadays I note with a price to match.
Places like Bass Pro Shops & larger Wal Mart will stock them in USA
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page