News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New super fly?

Started by burnie, November 24, 2015, 08:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

There are quite a few fairly modern patterns that call for the use of antron or similar as a shuck imitation. The sparkle dun springs to mind and many emergers call for shucks too.

I often use these sparkle duns or the like as alternatives to standard dun patterns. I sometimes use krystal flash for tails as a sort of halfway house between a tail and a shuck.

Just another tool in the box to try when the fish are taking the piss  :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

burnie

Cheers Alex, I've got plenty of flash from tying Salmon flies lying around.

Bobfly

If you follow the instructions you would need to be a bit careful when licking the tail of the fly or you will catch yourself :roll: :roll:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

I'm puzzled why this fly might be singled out or highlighted by Hardy. It looks pretty much the same as a thousand other patterns out there.   :?

bibio1

Apart from the deer hair sedge I thought jg's flies were much the same as any others. In fact they were quite mundane. The fishing press seemed to laud the jg emerger and he even got a book out of it. I have no doubt that he contributed much more than most of us will ever do but it's just another hype. I am surprised at hardy, a company like that hyping a product.  :shock:

Go To Front Page