News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Oh s*d it ..........

Started by emc, December 14, 2015, 06:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emc

I know it's probably a long shot but someone might have a gem of a tip. I've taken a chunk of leather out  the toe of my, almost new, Altberg boots.

Took them into the local shoe shop - actually sells shoes and does repairs etc as well! He took a quick look and shook his head, looked at the almost unworn sole and just said "Pity....."

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could try and fill the defect? I'm just worried that the exposed edges of the leather will be subject to a bit of a battering in use.

hopper

Don't know if it would work but maybe worth a try, get a piece of leather about the same colour, try and sand it down to a dust and mix with an epoxy glue and apply to the hole, then rub up with some dubbin. Worth a try, sometimes fill damaged wood the same way with dust and varnish

corsican dave

worth taking a photo and asking these folks: http://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/walking_boot_repairs.htm

they're very busy, but there's a reason for that  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

emc

Thanks both. I'll try the commercial route first and then the DIY :8)

Go To Front Page