News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Non-returned books...

Started by Sandison, June 04, 2014, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandison

The recent comments regarding non-return of the Clyde fishing book prompted me to post the following:

For him that stealeth a Book from this Library, let it change into a serpent in his hand and rend him.  Let him be struck with Palsy, and all his Members blasted.  Let him languish in Pain crying aloud for Mercy and let there be no sur-cease to his Agony till he sink in Dissolution.  Let Bookworms gnaw his Entrails in token of the Worm that dieth not, and when at last he goeth to his final Punishment, let the flames of Hell consume him for ever and aye. 

16th century Spanish curse against book stealers, Monastery of San Pedro, Barcelona
Bruce Sandison

bibio1

Bein sur.

But I was 11 and the tax I pay has paid for it thousands of times over.

Or are there two of us.

loch coulter

Quote from: Alan on June 05, 2014, 07:06:28 PM
One former vice principle of my college emptied our library of books and replaced them with computers, he described 'books' as the literary equivalent of the red telephone box, no longer necessary in a digital world, technicians from each department were secretly alerted by the stores guy that was tasked with removing all books to a skip out the back, not all books made it to the skip, they are secreted in unknown cupboards and secret hiding places,

This vice principle took a redundancy package and some time later was discovered to be working for the retail chain Lidl, not long after he threw himself in front of a train and died instantly.

The Spanish curse against book stealers is no myth.
you could write a book about that :lol:

Go To Front Page