News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

for those of us interested in "different" fly patterns

Started by corsican dave, October 17, 2014, 08:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

if, like me, you're interested in many different forms of fly fishing and always looking for that fly pattern that's just a little bit different or has something innovative you can incorporate for our more usual targets (wild broonies, aliens or swff in my case), can I recommend this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fly-Patterns-Selection-Tony-Lolli/dp/1845434846/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1413530339&sr=1-1&keywords=fly+patterns+the+expert+selection ?

I just got my copy delivered and at the princely sum of £2.68 new, you can't go wrong really!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

Good value for money on that book as it's bound to have a few things to think about.
I have now got a "mounting position" for the mighty smart bobby dazzler of a pike fly you tied and it sits above a framed collection of old salmon flies, some with gut eyes. It looks very incongruous .... but very eye catching !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

corsican dave

:lol:
maybe I should do a few myself as budget Christmas presents. it has been suggested that they'd be more suited to hanging on a xmas tree!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page