News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Art Of Sea Trout Fishing...... C. C. McLaren

Started by Highlander, May 18, 2015, 02:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

I recently re-acquainted myself with this wee book to replace my original copy that went "walkies" some years ago.
One can get a paperback copy in good condition for around £3-£5 + couple of quid postage on Amazon. Hardback will cost a bit more.
For those that are going to S Uist, in fact anyone that wants to get up to speed on Sea Trout it is well worth buying. Circa 1963, tackle may change but method stays much the same. Well recommended by myself. I had the fortune to meet him many years ago just before he sadly passed away & the experience lives on til this day, a true gent in the best tradition of fly fishers. Well he can't be all bad cause he rates the Peter Ross for Sea Trout oh & the Kate McLaren. Still one out of two isnae too bad is it not.
:roll:

Tight Lines

PS forgot there was a "publications" board maybe Fred could switch it to that one.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Alan,

Is the book about  lochs only or rivers too?

Highlander

Covers all aspects of Sea Trout rivers & lochs including bait,spinning & dapping but in a condensed form. Lots of wee info to help the uninitiated.
But remember this was written in 1963 so tackle has changed somewhat. He was one of the first advocates to use "the Long Rod"
for fishing from a drifting boat.Knows what he is talking about & this shows throughout the book
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

I had a few of the books from that series when I was a kid, the covers are instantly recognizable. Seeing that one brought back memories of youthful enthusiasm. 

Go To Front Page