News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Shakespeare Odyssey Fly Rod

Started by alba, June 09, 2011, 07:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alba

A few months back my wee river rod snapped at the butt, so while I was waiting ona new butt being delivered I needed something cheap and cheerfull to tide me over for a week or two.

I purchased a Shakespeare Odyssey Fly Rod 8ft 5/6wt, there 15.99 from stirling angling centre, what a buy!!! A little bigger than I like to use on small streams but I took it to kinardochy last week to try it, fantastic wee rod, casts beautifully, nice finnish, couldn't ask for better value for money. Coped with the wind no problem aswell.

Any one used one?, worth the buy at that price to keep as a cheap spare.

davefromtheattic

Aye, I bought an XT 4wt 7' 6" and love it.

Scotaidh

I have 3 Shakespeare rods, which are my main rods.

Can't see past them.

dazdidge

I am going to have to try one of these! I have been using Fladen for the last couple of seasons and thought they were good for the money.

daz

kemp355

As you say alba fantastic value i have two of these wonderful little rods  a 7ft & 8ft cant fault them do all you ask of them good quality and finish. :D

Part-time

I bought the 7'6'' 4/5# for burns and keep it in the car most of the time in the vain hope I can sneak a cast or two on my travels. I like the rod and find it enjoyable to fish with. Also seems well made/finished for the price.

scotty9

Quote from: col on June 09, 2011, 10:52:03 PM
had a shot of a 8'6 one ,thought it cast amazingly well!

Me too, I have one - it's a great rod.

Much nicer than the fladen IMO.

east wind

I bought a 7ft XT and we just don't get on with each other.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Go To Front Page