News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

wading boot recomendations

Started by alba, January 26, 2012, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alba

Going to need to boots for the forth coming season, had planned on getting new ones before winter set in but there was no need, just havn't had the chance to get out for the ladies this year.

I used Greys GRXi boots last year, the provided great support, good felt soles and good grip after i had put a few studs in, but a full season of long walking in them and up and down the river 4 days a week took their toll pretty quick.

Whats everone else using?

Wildfisher

Orvis River Guard. Expensive but built like a proverbial brick public convenience.

garryh

another vote for the orvis,my pair stood up to the tough heather and bog of South Uist unmarked ,while my mates Greys were almost ruined.still like new after a season of hiking into the hills.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

I have hill walked in mine.  Still like new after a hard trip to boot wrecking NZ and a full season at home.

Black-Don

I have a pair of Simm's freestone boots and can't really complain. A bit heavy for a good hike though !

alancrob

I have the Simms. Great in the water but not for a long walk. Don't fish as much as most of you but 4 seasons and still look in good nick.

I bought a pair of Orvis lightweights a couple of months ago for walking, not very solid and I don't expect too much from them.

A.

alba

theres a few river guard, side zip, lightweight etc, and reviews on certain types?

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

Well that's another  trip to NZ for my Orvis River Guard boots. 4 weeks in NZ is harder on boots than a full season at home.  Still in one piece but starting to show a bit of wear and tear now. If I get the rest of this season out of them I'll count that as 4 in total and will be happy enough.

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page