News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Help or advice or it ament to be lol.

Started by the white van man, June 29, 2004, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the white van man

Hi folks
Thanks for putting this up sp fast ADMIN :wink: . Ok here are my 2 problems. Ill try explain the best i can but ask if ur not sure i really need this sorted out.
1= have a diawa whisker fly 9.6ft rod. Its brand new but old lol it was stored in rod tube in my room for a year whilst i gave up fishing. Anyways useing it alot now and have noticed the rod feels weird. Do rods die?? the end of the tip is bent aswell as outa shape :? . Thje rod easily moves itself within the joiniing section so evry so often i have to re-allign the eyelets. Really is bad actually casting a nightmare at times- feels like the rod balnk is wasted- not through action or tip or abything just flimsy. This rod has nver veen used more than twice when i yested it barnd new and never been outa the rod tube so no impace damagae or anything- should i send it back will they take it back?.
2= Fly line seems to be soaking up water??? makihg it heavy to cast etc- could this be a crack in the line i cant see any but??
Any help advice on any of these probs be greatly appriciated. as i require delicate presentation for me broonies and the now the presentation like a whale on the end of my line :cry: .Cheers
TWVM

the white van man

Thanks for that info m8 appricaite it :wink: .
Had a good look at the rod and it is indead bent at the top well more of an S shape. There is no sign of impact damage to any of the fibres or stress cracks etc so im thinking it came like this now. Its over a year old even though not really used so i dont think daiwa will entertain me. I think the dodgy line is adding to the problem so im going to buy a new line probably a wt5 see how it goes. Ill make sure and always have a wee bitty candle wax to stop the rod twisting. Ill try take a photo of the rod tip were it is bent give ya ll a better idea . Thanks so far.
TWVM

Wildfisher

I would give it a try to get Daiwa to replace the warped section. Even if you have to end up buying one it?ll only cost you 30 quid. Their web site is http://www.daiwasports.co.uk/

You should  get phone numbers etc there, give them a big sob story   :lol:  and you never know, the rod definitely should not have warped!   :?

Fishtales

Take it here.

Daiwa Sports Ltd

Netherton Industrial Estate
Wishaw
Lanarkshire
ML2 0EY
Scotland

Go to the service department and show them and explain the cricumstances and they might replace it. I know people who have done it with gear a lot older and got new replacements for free.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

the white van man

Cool info guys thanks
I might just pay em a visit- see what they say. i'd be more interested to find out if it was already like that when i bought it and i never noticed or if is a fault i cant see and they may be able to pick up on. Either way ill get it fixed i love those rods very light ideal for river fishing me thinks.
TWVM

the white van man

Rod top replaced FOC  :D and 3 new lines bought :D  am ready for it now lol come on alfa fish show yer face :o
TWVM

Go To Front Page