News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Sage Light Line

Started by Wildfisher, May 10, 2020, 09:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Freeman

Quote from: sagecirca on May 10, 2020, 01:06:21 PM
They will both be totally different actioned rods. I know this without even casting them - the LL is more slower actioned and suited for dries. The X is fast with a fast recovery and could handle everything other than barbless flies, light  tippets and small fish!
Yeah that's why I'm thinking they'll be different enough to warrant having both, to be fair the X is good on light tippets too but I use it for targeting bigger fish on bigger rivers. It's also a good rod for NZ style and nymphing if it has to. Fancying the LL just for dry fly which is why I can't decide between the 389 and 486.

Wildfisher

Quote from: sagecirca on May 10, 2020, 01:07:22 PM
I was hoping we'd at least salvage some of what May has to offer but that's looking unlikely.

Having listened to Sturgeon's  recent offering I'd say zero chance of any fishing in Scotland this year. We all have to move at the pace of the slowest area apparently and if we have to wait for the unfolding disaster in Inverclyde to be sorted out we will  be in lockdown for a very long time yet.

Highlander

£800 for a wee rod I think I will give that one a miss. Fine if that is what you want but more than enough rods out there at well below that price that will do the job equally well. I mean what the feck is Konnetic HD Technology
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Quote from: Highlander on May 12, 2020, 05:18:15 PM
I mean what the feck is Konnetic HD Technology
I think its generic name is marketing bullshit.   :D

Bobfly

It is a method in physics whereby all wallet fastening systems are rent asunder.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

sagecirca

Quote from: Highlander on May 12, 2020, 05:18:15 PM
£800 for a wee rod I think I will give that one a miss. Fine if that is what you want but more than enough rods out there at well below that price that will do the job equally well. I mean what the feck is Konnetic HD Technology
Tight Lines

I have never paid full price for a rod in my puff! There is always someone in the race willing to keep your custom and offer a discount. I have an account with Somers in Aberdeen who looks after me very well - they appreciate good customer loyalty compared to an unnamed, massive shop in Glasgow...

Sean Freeman

Quote from: sagecirca on May 14, 2020, 01:07:48 PM
I have never paid full price for a rod in my puff! There is always someone in the race willing to keep your custom and offer a discount. I have an account with Somers in Aberdeen who looks after me very well - they appreciate good customer loyalty compared to an unnamed, massive shop in Glasgow...

You can't beat a good tackle shop on loyalty discounts, Fly only in Huddersfield for me. Stuart who runs it said people rush to sportfish and Glasgow angling for Black Friday deals but he said for his regulars it's always Black Friday. He gets all my business and I'm happy to spend my hard earned on decent gear there.

seamab

Got my new flee box from Kate Fleming's in Blair today, also a cracking 2nd hand sage one recently for birthday.
Got to try and keep wee shops going.

seamab

Ok a bit biased  on my side as my good pall and fishing buddy is Kate's son, but none the less. :lol:

Laxdale

There are no decent or dedicated tackle shops on Lewis (for salmon gear especially).
But i do get 20-25% off advertised prices from J Norris.

Go To Front Page