News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fishing jacket replacement.

Started by piscatus absentis, September 03, 2006, 09:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

I have a Hardy waxed cotton jacket that is now close on thirty years old and still serviceable but I am looking for a replacement.  Earlier this year I bought a Greys GRXi wading jacket since it seemed to be a copy of the Hardy EWS jacket but in a different colour and ?100 cheaper.  I'm not totally happy with it.

Does anyone have a Hardy EWS (long) jacket and is it any good?  Particularly is it completely waterproof, warm and likely to last as long as my old waxed jacket?  Are there any other recommendations for a suitable jacket?

Harpo

Hi there,

I bought a Gore-tex jacket from :-

www.surplusandadventure.com

They have a supply of Military/Police clothes....the jacket is totally waterproof ...and has a zip in/out liner to add warmth. It's a thigh length police jacket without the badges !

The only drawback to it is that every time I put it on my mate pisses himself laughing & says that I look like a Stalker/serial killer......apart from that it was cheap (?30.00) and very reliable !

You can see me wearing said jacket in the report for Gairloch, Torridon & Pitlochry in August 2006

Cheers

Go To Front Page