News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Orvis Boot Sizes

Started by Wildfisher, September 25, 2010, 10:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Every wading boot I have bought in the past has had to be 2 sizes bigger. In other words as my foot size is 9 I require an 11 for comfort with stocking foot waders. I just bought  a new pair of lightweight Orvis River Guard boots,

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product_directory_showcase3.aspx?dir_id=441&group_id=9247&cat_id=9253&subcat_id=9249

on their web site size 11. When they arrived they were far too big. I have had to send them back for exchange. I need a 10. Orvis customer support was excellent as ever, but perhaps the above is worth bearing in mind if buying boots from Orvis on line. I could have taken them back to the "local"  Orvis  store, but frankly I had more confidence things would work by sending them back myself with all the correct documentation. in spite of the ?7 postage.

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

Quote from: borderbob on September 25, 2010, 08:31:43 PM
I think you might have been better going for a wee trip down to Banchory.

Just too much hassle Bob. Also once a gallon of petrol and the time involved is factored in,  no less expensive.

Wildfisher

Full marks to Orvis. They would  not have the size 10 in stock in their warehouse for many weeks, so trolled their stores to find me a pair. They arrived last week. Perfect fit.

scotty9

Fredo you've committed fashion suicide, that's what i've been wearing for the past 3 months! We're not going to be able to fish together now  :gay4  :makefun

I could have told you that about that boots too, I'm wearing pretty much my same shoe size, these boots are made nice and wide - really nice to find a boot I don't have to size up to get the width. They perform great in the water too, great on banks etc and no problems on bare rock or didymo covered rock. So much better than I thought they'd be - I had my doubts about rubber soles!  :D

Go To Front Page