News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Tackle Talk Thread

Started by Wildfisher, January 27, 2011, 12:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Quote from: admin on January 28, 2011, 01:41:17 PM

*** Disclaimer : Any perceived association between fly casters and monkeys is purely coincidental.

Strange- never had you down as a "Creationist" Oh well.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Quote from: Inchlaggan on January 28, 2011, 02:02:54 PM
Strange- never had you down as a "Creationist" Oh well.

Well I did create a decent forum that folk actually post on.  :lol:

Andrew Moray

Malcolm,

Quote from: Malcolm on January 28, 2011, 10:14:31 AMSo now you can have the same rod switching from super soft to super super stiff for different applications.
If the same technology will telescopically resize it from wee burn size, up to, and including, drifting boat size, I'll have one  :D

johnsd

Quote from: admin on January 28, 2011, 01:41:17 PM
Strangely enough I was thinking along those very lines myself. I would however replace the sub-miniature 3-way mercury switch with a tri-axial accelerometer. By the simple addition of an embedded 16 bit microcontoller real time analysis of many casting faults would  be possible. In addition a straightforward mathematical transform could shift rod  resonant frequency measurements into the time domain taking into account  line loading and casting arc. This data could then be compared against a table  of ideal casting arcs, stops and loading values prompting  the caster with a series of  electric shocks or dispensing  peanut rewards much in the same way as one would train monkeys. ***

*** Disclaimer : Any perceived association between fly casters and monkeys is purely coincidental.

Ah but would it be waterproof I,m a clumsy bugger

yer going where

Malcolm

Quote from: Andrew Moray on January 28, 2011, 04:09:31 PM
Malcolm,
If the same technology will telescopically resize it from wee burn size, up to, and including, drifting boat size, I'll have one  :D

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.gattiflyfishing.it/Telescoping.htm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Inchlaggan

"Made from high *****  *****, each **** is carefully manufactured and assembled to precise tolerances to assure flawless performance. Every detail is given careful attention by the skilled craftsmen who create these ***** to guarantee that these are the finest **** ******* ****** you can buy anywhere, at any price."

There you go, why bother paying an advertising copy-writer hunners of puns when you can copy and paste from a website, delete the nouns and insert your own......
I do love the "anywhere, at any price"!
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

bushy palmer

Quote from: Inchlaggan on January 28, 2011, 06:48:33 PM
"Made from high *****  *****, each **** is carefully manufactured and assembled to precise tolerances to assure flawless performance. Every detail is given careful attention by the skilled craftsmen who create these ***** to guarantee that these are the finest **** ******* ****** you can buy anywhere, at any price."

Andrew Moray

Quote from: Malcolm on January 28, 2011, 06:32:23 PM
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.gattiflyfishing.it/Telescoping.htm
Almost.
Digital selection of required flexibility, line weight and length, each option has, say 42 increments, et voila.

The image of an iconic Star Wars rock band poster flitted through the empty wastes between the ears for a moment ....

greenwell

[quote author=admin  We mustn?t  forget that hole density is major factor  It?s essential  to get the type of hole, it?s position relative to adjacent holes  and the overall hole pattern exactly right. No two holes are ever the same
[/quote]

Are we still talking about reels or has the thread moved on without me noticing?

Greenwell

Go To Front Page