News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Ripped Waders Then Great service

Started by Wildfisher, May 30, 2013, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Yesterday I destroyed a good pair of waders on a hidden collapsed barbed wire fence on The Lunan. Lucky I was  wearing waders actually - they got ripped open, not my leg! Lucky too I was going uphill when it happened and not down as I would have gone head over heels and that would have been a broken  Sage ZXL if not a neck.  Frankly,  now the vegetation is near waist deep it's a dangerous place to be;  it is impossible to see where to put your feet.  Burnie tells me he almost broke a leg there a few years back and doesn't go now. That was my last visit, no one's fault, these things happen, but it's just not worth the risk.

Anyway, got home more than a  bit  pissed off as you might imagine and immediately ordered a new pair of Bisons on Ebay.

They came today - less than 24 hours!  Excellent!

That's Wildfisher Fly Line levels of service.  :8)

And - that's  one more reason not to spend 100s on breathable waders. Ripping an 80 quid set of Bison's is bad enough.

Allan Crawford

Wildfisher

Allan, I've had lots of pairs of waders  that have leaked, seams, feet etc . This is the first pair to get ripped open though - but as I said I count myself very lucky I had waders on. That could have been very nasty.

superscot

Exactly the reason why i buy the cheapest waders i can find ! I would never dream of paying hundreds of pound for waders

Allan Crawford

I had a pair of Simms G3 waders that I ripped, bought when I had plenty of spare income, these days its cheaper ones for me and I have found them just as tough, maybe the G3 were a little more breathable but over the course of a days fishing there is damp some where, especially once the waders have seen some wear. Luckily Dave was able to fix the rip on the G3 :)

Wildfisher

The inexpensive waders are no worse. The pair I jut ripped had a full trip to New Zealand plus all of last season and would have no doubt done the rest of this season had they not met with that hidden barbed wire. The service from

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FISHINGMAD-AT-NEWMILL?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

was excellent.

east wind

I had good use out of a pair of Bisons about five years ago, perhaps two and a half seasons but I've had problems with them this year.

After my old ones went at the start of the season I needed a pair in a hurry. The Bisons leaked at the crotch within two weeks. Took them back tested and a brand new pair in days. They Started leaking last week. (crotch and leg seams) Took them back and repaired within days. Good guys at Newmills.

If I get the season done with them I'll be happy.

Great service but I'm now wondering if the seams can take the walking and sliding I get up to. Shame cause they are light as a feather.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

burnie

For this kind of crawling around on wee streams stuff, I usually plan on replacing my waders at least once a season always have for maybe the past four decades. I bought a pair of nylon welly foot cheap and nasties from Mallochs some 4 or 5 years ago, at least and I've patched one leg once, Snowbees and the best pair of cheapos I have ever had. I am now in danger of wearing out the soles and will have to bin them, I bet I don't find another pair like this again.
Glad they wee Salmon have gone Fred, flippin' pain they were the other day, now you've weedled out all the wee ones I might have a go tomorrow me self if it stops rainin'

corsican dave

how do you find the sizings, folks? are the shoes consistent with normal uk sizes?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page