News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

David Norwich Rods

Started by Wildfisher, December 17, 2013, 10:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushy palmer

I buy the blanks but his main business is rods. The Italian and French flyfishing teams both use GATTI rods exclusively.

bushy palmer

Quote from: Inchlaggan on December 17, 2013, 07:20:56 PM
Correct rod number is from the formula where in -
Rods you already own =X
Rods you would like to own=Y
Rods you can afford = Z
Cash available= A
Rod price = B

Y>X is the truth,

Blastphemy! - report post! report post to admin group!

east wind

I bumped into Paul (Bibio1) on the river a couple of seasons ago and got a cast with his EV2 and was impressed right away. I had been using a Scott S4 for a couple of seasons but casting the Norwich confirmed what I suspected that the S4 was not for me.
I'm not familiar with the science of rods, lines or combinations I usually get something that suits and stick with it unless there's a good reason to change however that Norwich nagged away at me through the winter. I contact David, had a chat and bought his new EV5. Sadly last season's late awakening has not given me the use I would have liked because it is a joy to cast, very similar to my old and loved Enigma EMG and drops a fly like thistledown.

Fred, I ordered the rod with a middle to tip B3 action which suits me, and casting is a delight rather than a chore. Almost all my fishing is dry fly, spiders or some wet fly, don't know how it would respond if you opted to fish weighted nymphs or streamers.

Another thing I found is the cushion when playing decent trout puts less reliance on the reel.
There are not many second hand out there.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

Quote from: east wind on December 17, 2013, 11:19:09 PM
Fred, I ordered the rod with a middle to tip B3 action which suits me, and casting is a delight rather than a chore.

This is what I was thinking about. It sounds very much like the action of my Sage ZXL which is the  best river rod I have ever fished with, it's just delightful to use, but way too expensive to buy / possibly no longer made.   What line weight is  your EV5?

east wind

Quote from: admin on December 18, 2013, 01:05:36 AM
What line weight is  your EV5?

It's a 9 foot #5.
To be honest they are no cheap. I was lucky as just after buying the price went up around £60- £80.
Made to order and all that.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

Yes they are pretty pricey. I'll leave it until after the new year, by that time hopefully the moment will have been lost.  :lol:

bibio1

I have 3 rods from David. 2were built for me and one on eBay. They are great rods and after a chat David will make the rod you want. He has millions of spindles so can make virtually any taper. I always go for a medium action and its a delight to use for dry fly.

I would recommend. Perfect for NZ.

Go To Front Page