News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

which i-pad?

Started by corsican dave, December 26, 2014, 08:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: SoldierPmr on December 26, 2014, 05:48:18 PM
iPhones are iPads are apparently designed to just last 12 months luckily this one is 2 and a half years now. Really they should be building things to last and stop coming out with a new item number just because they made the screen bigger,smaller brighter torch etc.

Think Nike trainers. Same strategy.

Lochan_load

I also buy nike trainers  :lol:

corsican dave

thanks for your input, folks. she's been shown how to use the I-pad, so that's what she wants. fortunately she's a bit too old for Nike... :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Dave, better to get her what she is used to, however, my sister just bought my mum a new smart phone. Android OS, essentially the same OS that is on Android tablets. Once she was shown how to use it she managed no problem.  My mum is 86.  :lol:

Wildfisher

:lol:  Like them or loath them, it's a fact of history that Microsoft helped make computing available to the masses. 

Noddy

I'm with Fred would not touch an Apple product with a barge pole.  Unless it was a nice cider :makefun

Jim

Fishtales

Dave

I would go for the 32 rather that a 16 or 64. The 32 will allow for more storage if she decides to start taking photos with it. The 16 is just a bit light on space but the 64 would probably be overkill. I started my wife with the 16 and had to upgrade it to a 32 within four months as she started to use it to its potential. She had never used a computer before in her life, didn't even know hoe to turn any of mine on :roll:. She now works between the iPad, a Samsung Tablet and Samsung smart phone and that in only three years :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Quote from: Fishtales on December 27, 2014, 08:13:17 AM
I would go for the 32 rather that a 16 or 64.
With a Samsung Android device you can upgrade memory for under a tenner simply by plugging in a micro SD card. My phone is 32MB, my tablet 64MB.  Try doing that with an Apple device, Steve Jobs made sure you can't even change the f*****g battery! .   :lol:

Fishtales

Quote from: admin on December 27, 2014, 08:26:07 AM
With a Samsung Android device you can upgrade memory for under a tenner simply by plugging in a micro SD card. My phone is 32MB, my tablet 64MB.  Try doing that with an Apple device, Steve Jobs made sure you can't even change the f*****g battery! .   :lol:

I know, but if it is an iPad she wants then those considerations become immaterial. With the iPad, Facetime to any other Apple device means that keeping in touch is a much better experience rather than having to download and use Skype which she can also use to speak to and see on any other device if needed. Everything is a compromise and a personal preference. I would still be using the AmigaOS if they had managed to get the money for development and marketing that would have kept them up in the market beside Microsoft. It is still available and under development but is more a niche/enthusiast OS now. Even the NASA super computers used to run on AmigaOS because of its small kernel size and multitasking capabilities :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Quote from: Fishtales on December 27, 2014, 08:51:26 AM
I know, but if it is an iPad she wants then those considerations become immaterial.
Absolutely.

Go To Front Page