News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Strange Names

Started by Jehu, January 07, 2015, 02:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jehu

Without a word of exaggeration, I've just had a fitter in my house called 'Zander Fisher'.  :lol:

I maybe should have asked him if he worked on the fly.

Other names I remember was a woman called Hazel Knutt, and a guy in my student days called Phil Kettles.

Wildfisher

Or that famous football referee,  Mr R Soul. 

Inchlaggan

SWMBO worked with Ailsa Craig and Isla White
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on January 07, 2015, 04:34:16 PM
and a girl called Kat Walker.

Who had a brother, Doug Walker.  :lol:

Harpo

Wife is adamant she went to the school with Roland Butter

SoldierPmr

I knew a Major Dickie Head 2 i.c. Of 3 rifles 2009 to 2010

haresear

i used to refer to a colleague as 'the petrified forest".
She was  Teresa Stone :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Clan Chief

When I  worked for British steel/Corus there were quite a few characters and nicknames that made me laugh. I actually was a friend of this chap and went to a few gigs with him back in the day. His name was/is Albert Earwaker. That name always bring up images in my head of a Dickensian character walking down a narrow Victorian street ringing a big bell and getting everyone up in the early morning to go and work in the cotton mills or whatever. A human victorian alarm clock  :lol:
Then there was Big Crasher the craneman, he got his name because he wasn't the most careful of crane drivers and was always having minor accidents then when his son started in the foundry he was christened Bumper!. A family Duo of Crasher & Bumper.

Another father & son duo was an old guy nicknamed Banger, because he was a banger [nutjob/headcase] then when his son started in the work he was named Boomer and is still known by that name to this day.

There were a few others. Once I remember some more I will post them. but I always remembered Crasher & Bumper and Banger & Boomer  :lol:

lnelson20

Old movie star Rip Torn :D

Chris.
c.nelson

bushy palmer

Quote from: guest on January 07, 2015, 08:20:59 PM
Best nickname I've heard was 'Prince Albert' ......so called because his  real name was Willie Pearson  :D

:roflmao

Go To Front Page