News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Strange Names

Started by Jehu, January 07, 2015, 02:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noddy

Orthopaedic consultant at the RAH in Paisley was Mr Cartlidge.

Jim

Jehu

Another true one, that nearly got me into trouble when I worked in the health service - there was a guy in the renal (ie kidney) unit called Jimmy Riddell

ColinM

Once knew someone called Billy Brick.

Also knew someone with the nickname Aladdin.....usually appeared out of nowhere when someone opened a bottle....I'll get ma coat !!

Otter Spotter

Dick Bender - Authority on software testing (USA)
Richard Puller - Anchorman on local news in florida (USA)
Andreas Wank - Ski Jumper (pals know him as Andy) (AUT)
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

bibio1

The worst first name I ever came across was Dickon. I told him not to call me MR Smith so asked him his first name which he was clearly trying to hide. He was based in lewisLewis.

Thereafter I agreed let's just stick with MR Green.

Cheers

Paul

SoldierPmr

Power of google.
[attachimg=1]

east wind

When I started a new job I was in a small purpose built building housing production, quality control, stores, etc etc.
It had a tannoy system to reach people in a hurry.

I thought I was part of a big wind up by everyone when within a couple of weeks I had heard repeatedly

Dave Allen
Willie Miller
Bob Dylan
John Lennon
Father Brown
Vince Philip and Tattie Crisp being summoned.

but I wisnae
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

silverbutcher

When I was in my teens, there was a lassie round here with huge mammary glands called May Twogood. She was a keen tennis player and played at the local tennis club. We used to sit ootside the surrounding fence on a wee hillock and watch her playing. She was the best supported player in the club by a mile. :lol:

Billy

rannoch raider

Quote from: east wind on January 09, 2015, 04:22:58 PM
When I started a new job I was in a small purpose built building housing production, quality control, stores, etc etc.
It had a tannoy system to reach people in a hurry.

I thought I was part of a big wind up by everyone when within a couple of weeks I had heard repeatedly

Dave Allen
Willie Miller
Bob Dylan
John Lennon
Father Brown
Vince Philip and Tattie Crisp being summoned.

but I wisnae

Worked in a building with a tannoy system too. It was operated by a rather large girl who was asked to broadcast that a certain Mr Jarse was in reception ....." There's a Hugh Jarse , Hugh Jarse in reception"  She didn't take it well at all when she heard the laughter round the building. :shock:

rannoch raider

Once as a new start I was told by a very senior guy who I thought was beyond humour, that a woman who worked in the building who had a pair that made Dolly Parton look flat chested was called Mrs Biggins. I never twigged. That didn't end well ! :lol:

Go To Front Page