News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Can see me having a bottle to try

Bobfly

I love the way that the two expert palate notes are very, very different !   🤔🤔
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

arawa

Tried really hard but we just could not find the pomegranate juice ;D  :(

Bobfly

With both reporting it, you will surely have enjoyed the cigar box !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

burnie

Having been on my self imposed dry spell(I don't drink when there's no "R" in the month, gives my kidneys a rest lol), I'm trawling the 'tinternet for something a bit out of the ordinary for my starter. Had a look in the shop in Aboyne, but not quite finding what I'm looking for, so I may go to the Edradour distillery and see what they have in the Signatory brand, most of which is non chill filtered and un coloured, often single barrel and numbered bottles, it may be me being conned by the sales blurb, but I swear I can tell the difference. Many moons ago I picked up a Port Ellen, but at over a grand a bottle, that's not happening this year.

arawa

Quote from: burnie on August 10, 2022, 06:45:02 PM
Having been on my self imposed dry spell(I don't drink when there's no "R" in the month, gives my kidneys a rest lol), I'm trawling the 'tinternet for something a bit out of the ordinary for my starter. Had a look in the shop in Aboyne, but not quite finding what I'm looking for, so I may go to the Edradour distillery and see what they have in the Signatory brand, most of which is non chill filtered and un coloured, often single barrel and numbered bottles, it may be me being conned by the sales blurb, but I swear I can tell the difference. Many moons ago I picked up a Port Ellen, but at over a grand a bottle, that's not happening this year.
I have not seen any for sale recently but I am a big fan of the single cask Edradours. I had 2 of these bought from the distillery and this one is being saved for a special occasion  ;).

[attachimg=1]

burnie

It's a few years ago now, but they had some very special barrels stored in that place, not drinking whisky, some well over 50 years old so probably close to undrinkable, but the collectors will have a field day, not just Edradour, he has whisky from distilleries long since demolished.

arawa

I have been drinking a variety of different "whiskys" and bourbons recently; so many to choose from and so little time ;D
I picked up this bottle from the House of Malt both because it looked interesting and as they had very little bourbon in stock (the good stuff apparently sells as soon as it comes in). Tried it last week with a whisky fanatic friend and we both loved it. Obviously not a malt but taken with ice it was rich, long and sweet without being cloying. Very nice.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Can't remember the last time I had a dram! Last whisky I got as a present was a lowland malt which I found rather agreeable :)

Go To Front Page