News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

pike on the fly in lapland

Started by corsican dave, February 19, 2016, 09:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

maybe for the cognoscenti only at 30-odd mins, but some great footage, good tackle tips and some fairly typical pike behaviour. how many times have I  had those follows....?  :8) there's a couple of links to great fly patterns, too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liZmOHeRn3I&ebc=ANyPxKqsmCahnsP4jRDN78ol7f_KWaSx44zPzNQwprjZl046VLpM1eT3SHGEwj6caQ9R_yiisndDc32aS-ptpPd3XKAwv8-3Wg
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

That's worth a watch. Blue skies ad lovely country.

rannoch raider

Do you recognise this from the video > :lol: :lol: Hot off the vice.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

I liked the giant sedgehogs with the foot and a half of duct tape hanging off the back.    :D

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on February 19, 2016, 10:49:37 PM
I liked the giant sedgehogs with the foot and a half of duct tape hanging off the back.    :D
aye, proper fleas. none o' your namby-pamby, loch-style shite!! :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

Quote from: Element on February 22, 2016, 10:52:58 PM
Nice... they also do grayling  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_glZGSpw-U

Check out 05:54 - he's using a rod clip to hold the rod while he deals with the fish - pretty cool item that; I've not seen that before...

E.
I can't view the video at present, but is it one of the smith creek ones?
[attachimg=1]

I got one a couple of years back. works fine, but I finally gave up with it as just another dangly thing I can do without.

Lochan_load

Watched that in bed last night Dave, great stuff and what a place!

corsican dave

the quality of the videos from these guys is exceptional. yep, it's the smith creek rod holder; very nicely made bit of kit

corsican dave

Quote from: Element on February 23, 2016, 08:49:46 PM
The sight of Grayling swimming naturally in these water shots was mind expanding - I never realized quite how much they used their main dorsal fin..

Yes the rod holder was pretty useful for that situation.. trying to assess whether I would benefit from one too; I always put the rod on the ground but this might be a better option...

E.
would you like to try it out, Tony? could ping it in the post to you

Bobfly

I thought folk in videos parked their rods across behind their heads ... it's the selfie rod rest  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page