News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wanted 10ft-11ft 5wt rod (New)

Started by Highlander, November 14, 2017, 02:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

A lightweight loch fishing as a Xmas pressie to myself Used my unused Daiwa 11.3" 6wt Osprey (circa 1980s) on Hallan last year but God it was oh so heavy compared to todays wands. Problem is they seem to be like Hens teeth that size/length
Only culprits I can see out there are the Wychwood River & Stream & the Orvis Clearwater. An Orvis one I have already 9"6" 6wt which is my go to rod but I am looking for something a bit different. Not looking at high end stuff maybe something if I like it around the £200 max. Any other models out there I can look at. Only have GAC catalogue at moment.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

caorach

Not quite what you asked (seems to be a problem with internet forums - people answering questions they weren't asked) but just in case you might consider it I've had a lot of fun with an 11 foot 4 weight Leeda. It wasn't expensive at about £60ish and I've had 2.5lb sea trout on it and it killed them no bother. Of course decent wind will make it redundant but it is good fun, I bought a second one.

loch coulter

i have a greys streamflex 10ft 5# used ti for a good few years now on river and loch, best rod i have ever owned, so i would have a look at the greys models at different prices, also have a look at the franklin loomis rods as i have heard good reports from guys that know what they are talking about when it comes to rods. :8)

Billy

I won the bowl last year on the EOSS with my sea trout on a River & Stream 10' 5#.

Lovely rod and not overpriced.

Billy

Lochan_load

free the bees

Quote from: Roobarb on November 14, 2017, 03:31:52 PM
I have the 11 foot 6 weight Shakespeare Agility 2 which is Ok and does the job but despite what you read on the FFF isn't the best rod in the world. However a friend has the ten foot 5 weight version which I've wiggled around a few times and I've got to say it is spot on, a really lovely light rod that is miles better than the eleven footer. As you can pick them up for about £60 they have to be worth a look to see if it suits you.

Andy

http://angusangling.com/shop/shakespeare-agility-fly-rod-with-cordura-case--10-5----------------d_7560

Notice this today

Robbie

Quote from: Billy on November 15, 2017, 08:05:17 AM
I won the bowl last year on the EOSS with my sea trout on a River & Stream 10' 5#

Does it count if the fish just jumps into the boat  :lol:

Bobfly

I'm thinking on making some bowls for next season with a hole in the bottom  :8) :8)
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Billy

Quote from: Lochan_load on November 15, 2017, 07:49:39 PM
That was a fluke  :lol:

At least I don't go about trying to spear them with the rod.  :makefun

Billy

Lochan_load

Go To Front Page