News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Salmon Roda

Started by zeolite, May 07, 2018, 07:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeolite

Gentlemen

My B&W Norway has gone missing and I think i will be needing a 15' 10 weight on my travels in laksefiskeland. So what is out there that you are willing to part with?

Thanks
Schrodinger's troots pictured above.

Bobfly

I have a pristine 6 piece Fulling Mill 15' 10/11 which was voted in a T and S test article the best value rated travel salmon rod. Let me know if it is of interest and I will try to post up piccies. It ws called the Fulling Mill World Class Traveller. £150 plus postage ?
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Laxdale

I have a 15ft, four piece Guideline Lpxe, a 15ft, 4 piece Meiser (custom build and shall post the model tomorrow) and a 15' 9" Guideline Lxi 4 piece, all of which I am going to sell shortly. The Lxi would be good for the type of fishing done on many Norwegian rivers. Let me know if any of the rods appeals to you.

zeolite

Bobfly...Could be interested. I have a Fulling Mill 9' 5 weight which I love.

Laxdale... I am  well out of practice with a Spey cast. Are those rods suited to traditional Spey casting are are they shooting head poker type rods? What type of money will you be looking for?

Laxdale

The Meiser is a Highlander S series rod. It is the slowest actioned of the three rods and the most forgiving. The other two are out and out shooting head rods.
If you are out of practice, shooting heads are the way to go as they are easy to cast. The Meiser is nice to fish with Rio AFS/Scandi heads. Mind you, so is the Lpxe.....but the Lpxe is not a sunk line rod. I would let the Meiser go for £200 plus postage.

zeolite

I have heard big things about Meisers and I am tempted. Will it work with the traditional Spey lines of 10 year vintage?

Laxdale

Yes, I believe it will.
But in Norway, where a lot of fishing requires a range of either skagit and t tips or heads of various densities, this rod is very good. It is possible to pick up shooting heads for peanuts from the likes of J Norris. I am using Amnesia as a running line this week and it is fantastic. 5 quid for 100 meters!

zeolite

Go To Front Page