News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Inflation

Started by Wildfisher, August 02, 2022, 03:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

My mate Ron and I still go hillwalking, have done for years and we have a great working arrangement.

My house is on the way to The Glens, so Ron picks me up, does the driving and after the walk we have always gone for refreshments.

When we were younger it was a pint, these days it's coffee and cake.

Now coffee and cake is a bit of a luxury and perhaps not the best measure of inflation but yesterday rising prices really came into sharp focus when I paid our bill.

1 cappuccino
1 Americano
2 Victoria sponge

Bill £14.60  :o :o

A year ago that cost just over a tenner.

Now it's only an occasional treat and neither of us really mind, but how many more massive price hikes like this before these places start losing customers simply because many people just won't be able to afford it?

Fishtales

Quote from: admin on August 02, 2022, 03:01:37 PM
My mate Ron and I still go hillwalking, have done for years and we have a great working arrangement.

My house is on the way to The Glens, so Ron picks me up, does the driving and after the walk we have always gone for refreshments.

When we were younger it was a pint, these days it's coffee and cake.

Now coffee and cake is a bit of a luxury and perhaps not the best measure of inflation but yesterday rising prices really came into sharp focus when I paid our bill.

1 cappuccino
1 Americano
2 Victoria sponge

Bill £14.60  :o :o

A year ago that cost just over a tenner.

Now it's only an occasional treat and neither of us really mind, but how many more massive price hikes like this before these places start losing customers simply because many people just won't be able to afford it?

Electricity, Gas and Fuel prices are going to force all prices through the roof. We need those three to manufacture and move items around the country, and the outlets need it for their premises. It isn't going to get better anytime soon. We will be back to bikes, horse drawn carts and candles in no time :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Guest_8

'Electricity, Gas and Fuel prices are going to force all prices through the roof' And raw materials, massive labour shortages too. Shipping is effectively a commodity that is sold to the highest bidder, the price of moving containers around the world is/was at an all time high too.

Wildfisher

The point will come when people will just stop buying simply because they can't afford to pay. Cutting out cappuccino and fancy cakes is easy and that's bad news for the tearooms and for those who work in them.

Bobfly

We will know when the real crunch hits when tattoo parlours and nail bars lose customers.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Guest_8

Na, pubs, at least my tatts are something to show for my hard earned!.  ;D

Go To Front Page