News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

High Water Temperature Fishing Shutdowns

Started by Wildfisher, August 12, 2022, 02:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I heard today that the Aberdeen Angling Association have suspended fishing on their beats due to low water levels and high water temperatures.

I can't however find anything about it online - anyone heard of this or similar elsewhere?

Robbie

I have not seen any notifications but have heard of a few people imposing their own limitations on fishing due to high temperatures.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Robbie on August 12, 2022, 02:59:36 PM
have heard of a few people imposing their own limitations on fishing due to high temperatures.

That's where I stand Robbie. I have not fished a river since  June. To be honest the fish must be finding it hard enough without us adding to their stress.

Laxdale

A lot of beats on a lot or rivers suspended fishing for the week, earlier on this week.
However, the Fisheries Trusts on the big four are getting pelters today for carrying on e fishing yesterday.

Hill loch gold

Even at loch enoch last week, the water was warm. That's the highest loch in my area.
Probably why the fishing was poor.

Bobfly

They'll be down deep in the lochs I expect !  Goodness knows how the rivers down south will get on.

In Fife water abstraction from the Eden for the potatoes has been halted. We were in St Andrews yesterday and the east Fife fields are full of combines working hard. The grain crops look very good indeed.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

tomcatin

Committee members of the Devon Angling Association recorded water temperatures at or about 19C on the River Devon today. Accordingly we have suspended fishing on the Devon until water temperatures return to a level which guarantees the welfare of returned fish.

https://devonanglingassociation.org.uk/2022/08/12/important-notice-fishing-on-the-river-devon-temporarily-suspended/

No doubt there will be mumping and moaning, but very much the right decision 
Sadly my 7' 5 weight that killed fascists is deceased!

So in respect and in memorium, PLEASE DONATE TO AND SUPPORT THE WILD FISHING FORUM

Wildfisher

Quote from: tomcatin on August 13, 2022, 01:51:05 AM
No doubt there will be mumping and moaning, but very much the right decision

For sure. Anyone fishing east coast rivers right now should stop and think.

Go To Front Page