News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Alt Bar At Ledmore

Started by Wildfisher, January 05, 2007, 11:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Doogs,

Any idea who has the place now? Not the inchnadamph folk :shock:

Alex

Protect the edge.

doogs

As far as I know it was Eric's wife that was running it but that was last season - may have been too early yet, but all the signs etc were out.

Having said that we popped along to Inchnadamph mid afternoon and Lurch told us the bar didn't open 'til 5.

Not the usual Assynt hospitality..................

Dunkeld

Doogs

Was the Alt actually open?

doogs

We were there mid afternoon and there was no one about, no lights, doors closed etc but didn't actually bang on the door............Some 'for sale' signs up at one of the chalets.

Dunkeld

Your right about the chalets, they have been 'up' for a couple of years, the guy who runs them want's to retire - they are ott in terms of cost imho @ 45-50k for what amounts to a room/kitchen and an en-suite. I noticed that the web site has not been updated since last year so maybe they have given up - it would be a serious blow to the chalet business if the Alt is closed.

Dunkeld

Met the new couple when I was there a couple of weeks ago. The Alt is being completely refurbed and should be open by now. They will be handling the fishing again which is good news. The couple were very nice (not anything to do with Inchnadamph) and I think they will make a go of things.

Cheers

Dunkeld

Wee update.

For those of you going up that way, the Alt re-opened on June 24th

Cheers

Dunkeld

Folks

The Alt is now fully opeartional as the base for fishing permits and boats in the East Assynt area.

Cheers

doogs

That's good news.  Are they doing permits for the whole Assynt Angling area?  It'll be nice to have somewhere handy to pop in for a pint 'n nip after a hard day on the lochs.  Will thet welcome fishers?

Dunkeld

Hi Doogs

You can get bank permits at the Alt for any loch handled by the Assynt Anglers however the Alt only has control over boats on loch in the East Zone (Awe, Cama, Veyatie Ailsh and East end of Assynt).

The number is 01854 666260.

For more details on the 'Zones' check out www.assyntangling.co.uk

I am sure anglers will be welcome at the Alt. The new owners were very friendly when I met them before it re-opened. Anglers, Hillwalkers and Geologists are the spine of the business.

Cheers

Go To Front Page