News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Inchnadamph Hotel

Started by wee bri, January 05, 2007, 10:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wee bri

Stayed at the Inchnadamph hotel about 18 months ago.
It was ?50 a night for a single room. (private bathroom but no TV).
They charged another ?17:50 for an evening meal which on both evenings I had it was rubbish. Almost raw salmon the first evening and venison so tough on the second that my jaws were aching. After that I went to Lochinver and had a pub meal.
The pub meal was more convenient anyway considering that your not fixed to the hotel mealtimes.
The room I suppose was comfy enough but the whole of the hotel could really do with being upgraded.
The hotel bar was very quiet but it sold beer and whisky which is everything you could possibly need really.
The best bit apart from the fishing was early in the morning watching a stoat or weasel (don't know which is which) doing it's hunting round in the byre's at the back of the hotel which my room overlooked.
Because I tend to do a lot of fishing on my own it can be more expensive for example no-one to share travelling (petrol) or boat hire costs and singe supplements for rooms at hotels.
Five night's there cost me nearly ?300 excluding the bar bill.

Wildfisher

Aye Bri,  I'm afraid reports from that particular establishment have not exactly been in the ringing endorsement mould from members of this forum.

haresear

QuoteI'm afraid reports from that particular establishment have not exactly been in the ringing endorsement mould from members of this forum.

Many locals (and at least one ex-employee) would echo that. This info from the Alt.

Alex
Protect the edge.

alancrob

Don't know a stoat from a weasel? Easy

One is Weaselly recognised and the other is Stoatally different!

Sorry!  

bluezulu

sounds like the last time i was at Inchnadamph. food was dire. great fishing though and at the time there was a large group of female dutch students staying at the lodge who certainly made the evenings quite lively.

allegedly.

obviously i was asleep by 8.30 if Mrs BZ asks.

my money would be on  a weasel. unless it had a black tipped tail in which case it was a stoat. mind you the speed they usually move at its not easy to take in the details is it.

Go To Front Page