News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Lewis/Harris - accomodation

Started by Harpo, January 14, 2007, 10:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Hello all,

I'm starting to plan a trip to the Island(s) for the end of May/start of June for some serious wild brownie fishing :D

Hoping to stay in a self catering place, somewhere fairly cheap ideally but all things considered.
There will be 4 of us maximum.

Anyone know of anywhere good that they can recommend or have any other experiences of accomodation in the area?

Cheers

Stuart

haresear

Stuart,

I stayed here last year and loved it. http://www.scotland-info.co.uk/seilebost/

I did very little fishing. I'm not sure Harris is the best choice for brownies, but I really liked the place.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Harpo

Quote from: haresear on January 14, 2007, 10:39:47 PM
Stuart,

I did very little fishing. I'm not sure Harris is the best choice for brownies, but I really liked the place.

Alex

Hmm even still it looks lovely, great scenery...I'm pretty up for Sea Fishing as well and those beaches look quite Bassy !

Cheers

Cheers for the link Alex

Wildfisher

that's very reasonable Bri, might take that myself sometime!

bluezulu

last year I stayed at  a house  in Scaristavore - just back from the beach- good house, fantastic landlords.   Mrs MacDiarnid - on 01859 520 265.

can't remember what it was for the week because my mate sorted it out and we provided food and beer,  but not very much i  think. had three bedrooms, good kitchen, tv (with sattelite i think -didn't really check) , walking distance to a couple of tiny lochs .

make sure you contact Gordon at Borve estate for fishing- he's fantastically helpful and the estate has some great and easily accessible  lochs

Harpo

Thanks for the replies guys,

Bluezulu - I'll make sure I get in touch with Gordon @ Borve well before I go, looking at the number of lochs up there I think I'll need aw the help I can get ! Think I remember your post on the forum from when you were there (wee boy and his pet trout?)

Weebri - That sounds really good and I can be pretty flexible on the date so may take you up on the offer for after you've been in June.
I'm glad there's nae telly I go away to get away from the wife watching the soaps endlessly, luckily she's no going!, but if she was i'd be in the same boat as you...portable tv in the boot of the car :lol:
We're meeting up with people that live on Lewis so I'll check with them as to their location / where the croft is, if I want to book something I'll let you know.

How did the fishing go on your last trip up there?

Cheers

Stuart

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Pearly Invicta

I've got a couple of fishing mates on Lewis and their advice usually decides where I fish when over there. Don't usually do a lot on Lewis unless we head up to the Uig area.
The general rule appears to be fish where you like unless its connected to the sea!

Borve estate are very helpful.

I prefer Harris myself with the Finsbay fishings my favourite. A good walk, decent chance of an early seatroot and plenty of pounders further up the system.

And a nice cup of tea from Mrs Mackinnon.

Harpo

Hi folks,

Weebri - A copy of the book would be great (or even just the bits you deem important), I tried to get one online but they were all out of stock, if your ok doing that I'll PM you my address. Also I'll get in touch about the Croft if we decide to book it, sounds really good though and a nice price !

Pearly - Cheers for the info, have to admit i'm pretty overawed about the amount of water to fish over there so appreciate your comments. I'm geting the O/S map soon so will have a better idea of where I'll be travelling to. Like the sound of Finsbay fihsing...early sea trout would be lovely!

Cheers

Stuart

Harpo

Go To Front Page