News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Islay,Jura, Barra, Coll

Started by Malcolm, December 11, 2007, 12:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

I'm looking to book a holiday next June - somewhere I've not been before i.e one of the above islands. Is anyone able to offer any advice about fishing, accommodation and travel? I've just started looking around this evening so any advice links etc would be gratefully received. I've previously heard rumours about the best lochs - particularly on Islay - being hard to get on.
Thanks
Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clan Ford

Malcolm,

I've been holidaying with the family on Islay for the last 3 years (going again this year).  No trouble at all getting on to any Loch.  In fact its one of the better locations for easy access.  I'll dig out some info for you and post it when I get the chance.  Dod Dunbar and GavCeltic both live on Islay and probably know far more than me (mind, Dod might have a different view on access, I think he finds it especially simple :lol:).

Trout and Salmon has an article on Jura this month, might be of interest.  I never fished any of the Jura waters but the Islay guys can probably keep you right.

I posted a couple of reports of the holidays:-

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=5736.0

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3552.0

Norm

Malcolm

Thanks for the replies - Jura's booked in June.
To jaw like this

Clan Ford

Hi Malcolm,

Did you book with one of the eststes ghillie and all or is it more of an independant venture?  If you get the chance, head to Islay and give Gorm a go, it really is a fantastic Loch.

Norm

Malcolm

Norm,

Totally independant just a case of book and hope. I'll maybe have a chat with you at the grayling bash in 3 weeks time.

Malcolm
To jaw like this

sandyborthwick

Malcolm Laggan is a good bet, had some excellent days on there from the bank. You can get permits from the estate office at Bridgend - very reasonable. Usually you can get some other tips as to which lochs are fishing well at the same time.

Sandy B.O.

Go To Front Page