News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Trout Rods

Started by nant_fisher, March 21, 2008, 11:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nant_fisher

My boss at work is heading out to Tiree and i was telling him about the great fishing there. Turns out he used to fly fish quite a lot but hasn't been out for a fair while. The main rods he has at the moment are all split cane so he's planning on buying a new one.

He isn't going to have time to try out rods before he goes away on holiday, so i told him i would try and find out what a good one to get would be. His budget is something between ?100 and ?300. Any suggestions?
Adventure time

alancrob

Seems to be some good packages there.  Very last one with everything down to sunglasses seems a good starter pack for under ?200.

Alan

dseabass

i used to enjoy a game a gowf years ago,,but am fecked if i would go out and spend hunners a pounds on clubs 

lend yr boss a rod n reel  and let him find out if he is going to get properly in to fly fishin again  before he spends a fortune   

mind you he could end up givin it all to you  /// bugger it let him squander his dosh 

bibio1

Try ebay in the states and in particular sage. You will get a top of the range rod for less that ?150.

Malcolm

Next rod I buy will be from this guy  http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/rod_subs/fly.htm

the 4 piece 9ft 5/6 looks good to me
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page