News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Morar Hotel near Mallaig

Started by silverbutcher, June 26, 2008, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charrcatcher

A wee update to this elderly thread - this hotel's doing a spring deal - looks okay at ?89 for two nights dinner B&B.

Here's a link to the offers page - http://www.morarhotel.co.uk/special.asp

I was through the village on Saturday on the way to take a looksee at the loch; and was a sorry laddie I'd no tackle with me - it was peautiful, chust.

And instead of the common No Fishing etc signs there was a sign board by the boat storage shore with all sorts of helpful information about who to phone for tickets, boat hire, etc. Just what you need when you're a stranger and the hotel disnae know bugger-all.

Loch Eilt looked very nice indeed too; although everyone says the migratories are finished these days, it looks like it'd be a very pleasant loch for brownie fishing.

And I figured the return drive cost me from Fife cost me about ?30-odd in diesel. So add that on, that's a fair weekend away cost? Add on a bit for boats and permits, could be tempted!

fishindaft

I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and it was crap then, as billy has said the view from the room was amazing but the toilet could have been doing with aggie and maggie paying a visit! The best part though was when we decided to go to Mallaig for a few drinks because the hotel bar was not open the manager told us that if we were not back by 11pm we would be locked out! could not believe it. that was the friday night and when me and my mate and our wifes rolled in on the saturday after Scotland had beet Lithuania a bit worse for the drink she was really no amused. Come Sunday and after the worst full scottish i have ever had we checked out, the adverised price did not include the vat that had been bumped onto the bill and there was a bottle of wine on both mine and my mates bills that both of us swear we never ordered! still had to pay for it though. WONT BE BACK :x

Wildfisher

Quote from: fishindaft on March 31, 2009, 10:03:37 PM
I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and it was crap then, as billy has said the view from the room was amazing but the toilet could have been doing with aggie and maggie paying a visit! The best part though was when we decided to go to Mallaig for a few drinks because the hotel bar was not open the manager told us that if we were not back by 11pm we would be locked out! could not believe it. that was the friday night and when me and my mate and our wifes rolled in on the saturday after Scotland had beet Lithuania a bit worse for the drink she was really no amused. Come Sunday and after the worst full scottish i have ever had we checked out, the adverised price did not include the vat that had been bumped onto the bill and there was a bottle of wine on both mine and my mates bills that both of us swear we never ordered! still had to pay for it though. WONT BE BACK :x

Welcome tae bonnie Scotland.........................   :(

charrcatcher

I wasn't advocating the place - haven't stayed there - it was only that the price had dropped from what you guys had paid.

I was pretty taken with everything else I saw up there. (except a tidy wee upstairs restaurant across the road from the harbour in Mallaig. Sourfaced unhelpful waitress, fish dinners that could only be called indifferent at best.) It was the "Cornerstone" restaurant.

Won't be back there then!

Go To Front Page