News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Food

Started by Fishtales, May 18, 2012, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsd

Thanks I'll do some searching in tesco and Asda leaning towards freeze dried and boil in the bag save washing up :lol: cheers
yer going where

johnsd

Looks good Tony I've taken all your suggestions onboard I'll be trying these thanks J
yer going where

Fishtales

I've used the rice, nice but a little weighty; cous cous I wouldn't give space to, I've tried it and just can't eat it; the sardines would be nice but again I wouldn't carry the extra weight of the sauce and aluminium 😊
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Lochan_load

I had that cous cous with trout fillets cooked in a wee sachet of ginger and garlic sauce, I think it was sharwoods, up in the hills after a hard days walking/fishing it tasted good!

Simon Everett

Home made flapjacks - the secret food for endurance. Any kind of endurance, long motorcycle rides (1200 miles in a day), long hikes stalking (we had to walk in, and walk out dragging - you wouldn't have got a pony in where we were, you would have broken it's legs) Long kayak trips - flapjacks are ideal for on the go. So is heavy fruitcake. I go in to the supermarkets after New Year when they are selling off all their Christmas fare, luxury chrismas puddings at £1 apiece. Fantastic exped food, heavy, but you are talking of one pudding being good for 3 days of high calory intake. Packed with them....fried in butter, LUSH!  :banana

arawa

I was introduced to a B&M store last year and they had a range of very cheap dried meals in pots; Chinese, noodles, couscous etc. I bought a selection to try at home and some were excellent (some were not!!). I then bought several of the ones I liked, binned the pots and put the contents in plastic bags to save space. Hot water from my mini Kelly kettle and a big rock to shelter behind; perfect. God knows how many E numbers they contain but it does not seem to matter when you are cold and hungry.
I also bought some of the sachets of concentrated Heinz tomato soup and they were good too.
But hopefully this season will be so warm we will be carrying salads ..........

Simon Everett

Quote from: arawa on February 08, 2017, 06:09:15 PM
I was introduced to a B&M store last year and they had a range of very cheap dried meals in pots; Chinese, noodles, couscous etc. I bought a selection to try at home and some were excellent (some were not!!). I then bought several of the ones I liked, binned the pots and put the contents in plastic bags to save space. Hot water from my mini Kelly kettle and a big rock to shelter behind; perfect. God knows how many E numbers they contain but it does not seem to matter when you are cold and hungry.
I also bought some of the sachets of concentrated Heinz tomato soup and they were good too.
But hopefully this season will be so warm we will be carrying salads ..........

Haven't you heard?  Salad crops have failed everywhere, so the media would have us believe.  :roll:

Inverguseran

Pasta mixed with tuna, lots of different flavours available for variety.

Go To Front Page