News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Forsiktig + Boholmen

Started by Bobfly, May 06, 2015, 06:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

What the heck is that you all ask ............... ?????

Go to the Ikea website ... Forsiktig is a children's stand for in front of a toilet and when turned over it makes a curved shape stripping basket for sea-shore anglers or anyone wanting a stripping basket. The Boholmen item to get off the listings is the dish drainer insert with cutlery holder. Use the drainer frame cut and adjusted a wee bit to reduce the peg height if you wish, and hold inside the stand with a couple of cable ties. £2.50 for the stand and £5.00 for the drainer ..... £7.50 and just add a strap and some drain holes to complete the job. Or, simplest of all just get the kiddies stand for £2.50 and add a strap. I don't need one but some folks on here might like the idea which came from an American site.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

I thought you'd been and fished a couple of rivers in Iceland when I saw that title  :makefun

Hoolet

And here's me thinking you'd had one or three drams too many Vaughan.....cheap and good idea though.

Hoolet
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Bobfly

A curved shaped stripping basket for £2.50 is a lot cheaper than the £25 - 30 from a shop, and a better shape than a washing up bowl.

rannoch raider

It looks the business. It was made to be a stripping basket. That will save a few of us a few bucks. Well spotted !  :)

haresear

That looks like a great idea for a rigid stripping basket. Well spotted Bobfly.

Here's something I came up with a few years ago to reduce tangling. It is a folding version and I have used it off the rocks any time I have tried for pollack or bass and it works very well. It is also handy (as any line tray/basket is) in a boat to stop the loose line tangling around the line traps they build into boats :)
On the rare occasions I have forgotten to take iton to the rocks, I have ended up cursing as my shooting or running line kept snagging on limpets etc.

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=2868.msg21324#msg21324

Alex
Protect the edge.

Bobfly

I think you could do a hooped arrangement inside the kiddie stand as well. Small holes drilled to match plastic strimmer line-cord or similar could work quite well. Worth experimenting on a £2.50 item.

haresear

Quote from: Bobfly on May 07, 2015, 06:59:46 PM
I think you could do a hooped arrangement inside the kiddie stand as well. Small holes drilled to match plastic strimmer line-cord or similar could work quite well. Worth experimenting on a £2.50 item.

Yes, it should work ok. My only problem is that I hate going to Ikea :). I have been there twice for flatpacked furniture and it was one pain in the arse- especially the last time, which was just last week.

Maybe the kid's stool wouldn't be so much palaver.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page