News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

kayak for sale

Started by corsican dave, January 01, 2014, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

as i posted elsewhere, i'm awaiting delivery of a new fishing kayak. frankly, i don't have room or any requirement to have two (although they're quite different) so i thought i may as well get some money back in the coffers....

feel free nomad, complete with up-rated crazy creek deluxe seat and rod holders as shown. i'll leave the anchor trolley in place and i've got a full set of scupper plugs, a skeg and thigh straps you can have as well. you just need to add a buoyancy aid and a paddle and you're away.

this would make an ideal first kayak regardless of whether you fish from it or not. it would also be great fun in surf or as a family beach/fun boat.

priced to sell (no mucking about here) at £200. within reason, i'll even deliver it for you (aviemore/moray/inverness/aberdeen area)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

Yes Dave !!
Very happy to go for this at £200.
I can meet up with you at Kincraig or Feshie Bridge where I go because I am involved with Mill Cottage there.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

corsican dave

cool! as per your message, i'll give you a call later. cheers for that  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

now sold, pending delivery

thanks for that Bobfly!  :D  now we'll definitely have to organize a kayak/canoe stravaig....

Bobfly

Dave,
Here is the initial fitting from the kiddie's bike bits, 2x forks and 2x12" wheels. Got the makings of a working trolley.
Vaughan
[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

perfect that, Vaughan! I was going to send you a pic of a relatively cheap trolley, but you've beaten me to it. and for free! :D

you'll also find those scupper holes are perfect for shoving a "stake out" pole through for anchoring in shallow bays

Bobfly

I had to strip out two bikes to get front forks but luckily there were two little bikes the same at the coup.
I discovered that there is a Scottish Kayaks and Paddles shop in an industrial unit in Stirling so I was into today and got  Palm Drift Classic paddle and a Palm PFD basic "centre" type job with 72N flotation. £32 for each with 10% given off. So now I am busy sewing on extra D rings and stuff on the vest. Good thing all this is sensibly timed off-season activity. Good idea about shoving a pole down the hole - but that means carrying a pole ?? I did wonder about carrying a stone on a rope if required.

Otter Spotter

There is a large kayaking outlet in Perth as well down at inveralmond, well worth a visit if you are passing.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

corsican dave

didn't know about the stirling shop and good heads-up re-the inveralmond outlet. is that by the tiso shop? i'll have to check it out next time I'm down for an mot on the hips (February)

glad you got yourself sorted Vaughan. i'll see if I can find out exactly what my "stake out pole" is. it was a fiver from a local garden centre! dont' forget you've got the paddle clips on the side of the yak which you can attach said pole to. if you go for the stone-on-a-rope idea, don't forget to use the anchor trolley to move the suspension point to the nose!

needless to say, the sea conditions have been a bit too sporting ever since my new boat was delivered.... :roll: if nothing else, i'll go for a test drive on lochindorb at the weekend (minus fishing rod, of course)

Otter Spotter

Dave / Vaughan - its at
Go Kayaking Scotland
Unit 1,
Inveralmond Road,
Inveralmond Ind Est.
Perth,
PH1 3TW
Telephone    01738 628859
Email             info@gokayakingscotland.com

I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Go To Front Page