News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

leeda volare iv 11' 4wt & reel

Started by corsican dave, August 02, 2016, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

brand new Leeda Volare IV 11' 4wt and a Stillwater Black Shadow reel. the rod has still got the plastic on the cork as I basically took it out of the case, ran a line through it and decided I couldn't get on with the length  :roll:

reel is brand new, but I don't think I kept the box for it as I put it straight in my reel case (doh)
£40 the pair if we meet at some shady café on the A9 (Newtonmore Truck Stop is always good for gear deals....)or Moy game fair this coming Saturday? or you pay the postage; i'll get an accurate quote first
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

caorach

I've just taken delivery of one of these today Dave, as mentioned previously. I've only cast it in the back garden (small and very restricted with overhead stuff) but had both a 4 and 5 weight line on it, just to experiment, and I must say that I think this would make a great loch rod for the brownies. I suspect it is sold for nymphing in rivers but I intend to get some fun out of it on the lochs with the wet fly. My garden experiments revealed that it is quite a soft action, which I like and is ideal for the lochs, and I suspect that the 5 weight line is going to be a tad heavy for it so a 4 is probably best. It would probably also make a great rod to use in the boat for trout and my intention is to also try it for some of the later season sea trout which tend to be smaller fish around the 1lb mark, I think it should provide cracking sport with them.

reports will follow once I actually fish it but for anyone looking for a lightweight rod for the brownies on the lochs then I'd say this is well worth a punt unless you really must have a fast action rod.

fergie

Do you still have this rod and reel for sale Dave.?

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

fergie

Did you get the postage on it dave.?
I don't think i will have time to pick it up.

corsican dave

Quote from: fergie on August 07, 2016, 12:25:32 PM
Did you get the postage on it dave.?
I don't think i will have time to pick it up.

okay Fergie, i'll pop down after work tomorrow (16:30) & get an accurate price  :D

fergie

corsican dave

Quote from: fergie on August 07, 2016, 05:11:17 PM
Thanks Dave. :D
the extortionate sum of £11.99, Fergie  :shock: I've sent you a pm

fergie

Go To Front Page