News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wanted: ABU Laplandia 541 fly rod

Started by Highlander, May 02, 2019, 02:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Anyone see or hear of a good one being sold please let me know.
They only ones online at moment are sales from a few years back.

As I get older I seem to have got a bit nostalgic about tackle I either owned or hankered for when I was young.
So far I have collected three Beaudex, two Pridex & one Condex all as new.
A Mitchell 410 & a Mitchell Cap again all as new.
A Daiwa Verre 11ft Grilse rod
A Milbro Tru Fly
Little things like a rubber ABU casting weight ( Bubble Float) Broken Back minnows & many other bits & bobs even as lowly as an Efgeeco bait tin.

The one glaring object is the Laplandia rod which is proving the most difficult of all. If I get that I shall more than contented.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Laxdale

Ask your question on the "All About ABU" Facebook page. I would be amazed if someone on there could not help you. I follow the page because i have soft spot for older ABU sea fishing and spinning tackle.

Wildfisher

I once owned a nice Abu Hamza al-Masri spinner, but the hook fell off. 

Bobfly

:D :D :D. Hells Bells .... I almost spilt some of my booze just then !!!!!!!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

fergie

Did you ever catch much on those broke back minnows. ❓

Highlander

Did you ever catch much on those broke back minnows. ❓

Yes I did not just Brown Trout but Sea Trout on the River Leven. Having said were just one of several lures that went down well for me in my darker days of youth. Size 0 Mepp, Abu Droppen, Vibro Spoon & several others. Having said that the best ever for Sea Trout was a jointed eel lure from the same manufacturer as the minnow (French Depose). The minnows are still available from GAC but not original manufacture as the ones I have. The Eel I have one left but probably will not use it or the others any more. Have not spun for Trout for many years now Salmon yes but not Trout.
Tight Lines

Just a note natural minnow was by far the most productive. I still have a few home made  mounts somewhere. Again I will never use them just like to have them to have a look at now & again. A wee plastic celluloid minnow trap I recently found in my hut (man cave) along with a Shakespeare battery pump which surprisingly still works.

PS Laxford thanks for the Facebook link unfortunately I do not indulge in Facebook, Twitter & the like.
My daughter does so I will see if she can enquire

Nemo me impune lacessit

fergie

I never done well with them even on easy lochs. I lost my last original one years ago and it was a bit of a relief to be honest.
I was looking at the new ones on ebay. Funny how the mind works i will probably get one.  :lol:
I totally agree about the natural minnow. Absolutely deadly for trout and any predator really. I do t do it anymore either.
I had amazing sport on Trieg with the minnow I was bitten off by a pike so tied a diving  minnow trace with a light wire pike trace and caught pike to 10 lb on them. Great fun on trout tackle.

Highlander

Maybe I am giving the wrong impression about them. They did catch fish but I would not say they are "a must have"
Having said that I did get a lovely Sea Trout around four ponds on one. A good wee lure but not as good as The French Eel (Sea Trout)
Tight Lines

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page