News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Ferox and Char Book by R.P. Hardie

Started by rubberwellie, December 03, 2012, 08:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubberwellie

Has anybody heard of, or read this book before?  I came across it whilst browsing on ebay, I would be tempted if it was a wee bit cheaper than £77.50...  :roll:
Let them go.

superscot

Is it this one !!!!

[attachimg=1]

rubberwellie

Aye that's it.  That's only the second volume though, the author wrote volume 1 then researched volume 2 - making notes, but then unfortunately he died so it was never completed.  However somebody else came along and finished it based on the notes he had prepared.  The one I saw was £77.50 for both volumes, maybe the first one is worth more? 

Anyway I'll be looking for something a bit cheaper if I'm going to buy it without ever having heard of it before.  £14.99 for each volume would be ok, I'll have a wee look through the Book Depository.

Cheers,
Sean
Let them go.

fergie

rubberwellie

Nah I didn't go for it fergie, I wasn't sure how relevant the content would be nowadays.  Volume 1 was originally published in 1940, at £75 it was just too steep.  I've been after a few other books, this one was a bit down the list, I might come back to it though, especially if I can find it a bit cheaper.
Let them go.

trout n about

Ive got volume 1 of the book Sean, some pretty good reading in it. Pending where you stay, if you could collect, i would lend you the book. The book is rather delicate now and would not want to post it.

Picture of contents and hard back

Andy

rubberwellie

Mike, thanks for the links mate.

Andy,

Thanks for your kind offer, I live in Balloch, next to Loch Lomond and would be happy to pick the pick the book up and drop it back off if it's not too far from where you live?  I'll drop you a PM.

Cheers,
Sean
Let them go.

Go To Front Page