News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

My own book

Started by bushy palmer, August 14, 2013, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushy palmer

Quote from: admin on August 14, 2013, 11:20:43 PM
I had no idea it was possible to do it that way.

TBH that was my point in posting in the first place. I'm sure there's a fair few on here that could write a far better book but haven't because they didn't realise it was possible either.
Hopefully it's the first of many to come from the forum:

Tony's Mythbusters?
Highlander's Clyde patterns?

Wildfisher publications anyone?

bushy palmer

Quote from: Alan on August 14, 2013, 11:39:02 PM

hang on are we in it? :lol:

How funny you of all people should ask that Alan - because I nicked snippets of a conversation between you and Malcolm about rods, to use in lieu of a conversation my friend Alan and Steve had which I can't remember :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: bushy palmer on August 14, 2013, 11:27:23 PM
Wildfisher publications anyone?

I'm sure we could produce a very interesting collaborative effort and one sensibly enough written with no collateral damage or baggage of ego.  Some years ago Bruce suggested to me we publish a book of photographs.

Wildfisher

Quote from: guest on August 15, 2013, 12:10:00 AM
Why?

I wasn't suggesting  we do, just saying we could.  We are the best and can do anything.   :8)

To be honest I am pretty fussy when it comes to fishing  books. Many I have read have been dull to point of inducing a coma.  For my taste the best fishing books are written not about fishing, but are about human experience with a thread of fishing woven through them. Same as fishing reports I suppose. I saw, I came I caught and here are a few pictures to prove it don't cut it half as well as a well written account of a blank and heavens we have had enough of those.    :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: guest on August 15, 2013, 12:32:52 AM
The WFF Bumper Book of Ripping Blanking Yarns?

As long as we don't name waters.   :lol:

13Fisher1

Brilliant, well done for having the resolve, flair and commitment. Will definitely be giving this a read!
Like the Just In Time Publishing/Printing.....no money and inventories of books lying everywhere!

As has been said there appears to be more than enough unique knowledge, experience, wit and humour (most of the time) on here to create an annual fund raising publication of some type without compromising the subject locations, WFF goals or members  views, rights etc.  Just would need to decide purpose, angle ....maybe some anecdotal stories or accounts?

Fishtales

The WFF Annual
with sideline

What F****** Fish Annual

:)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Billy

Well done for seeing it through. I'll be buying a copy mistakes or no mistakes.

I recently spoke to a guy on the Don who has done the same thing with extracts from his (dry fly) fishing diary. He only had 300 printed and has been asked to have more done by the publisher but he is resisting.
He said it was something he just wanted to do for family and friends so I'm glad I bought a copy of that when I did. He even gave me his address to pop in for a coffee and a chat if I wanted it signed.

I always thought that a compliation of some of the members stravaigs would be a great read but as Fred said it would need to have the locations removed. The mythbusters trips are a good example of this and always fantastic reading without actually knowing where they are but I think part of it is trying to guess where they have been. I'm sure Roobarb would be able to come up with a book every season with the amount of fishing he gets in. Hillend dabbler is another example and he has written a load of it already. Sandy is another with his week long treks into the wilds.

I think there is more than a book available on here. I would say more like a library with some great phtos to boot.

Just ordered it!!

Billy

Sandison

Congratulations and well done!
Bruce Sandison

Clan Chief

Very well done to you! I've just ordered a copy and look forward to reading it when it arrives.  :D

Go To Front Page