News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

november trout and salmon

Started by brian, October 27, 2006, 08:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

there is an article by Stan headley about boat partners in this months issue which i found amusing, especially the boat partner he describes as "the smug competitive ba**ard".Haven't read the rest of the mag yet, but there would appear to be to much foreign fishing in it for my liking, but then, that's only because i can't afford it :) cheers Brian.

Wildfisher

Quote from: col on October 27, 2006, 08:24:43 PM
so i will buy a scottish based mag ff&ft instead!

There tends not to be much about Scottish fishing in that either these days.  I have stopped buying all of them, still get a free copy of FF+FT as an advertiser (for fish wild) but would not buy it now just because I am lucky if I find 10% of the content relevant.

johnsd

Totally agree Fred thinking of cancelling the FF+FT myself this month had a International fly fishing supplement although I throughly enjoyed Mr Liddle,s  piece :clap;Cheers John
yer going where

Wildfisher

I get the impression (perhaps wrongly) that FF+FT may be attempting to move "up market" into the T+S niche. It was a better  mag 5 or 6 years ago in my opinion. 

By the way John, i was there with Liddle keeping him right.  :D

Wildfisher

The main area where T+S scores over FF+FT is photography, production  / professional layout. They are in a different class. In most  other areas it sucks (IMO).

Wildfisher

Swithun, you are right we are  a bunch moaning buggers – and proud of it I may add!   :D

Its great  to read everyone's opinions and I respect them even although I think just about all of these  magazines  suck  :lol:

Wildfisher

I  had not realised that Stan had followed up the loch fishers bible already  :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: brian on November 01, 2006, 08:31:00 PM
Thanks Paul, I'm going up to the isla on Saturday for a bit of practice before the big day :) Dod, it's not the first time that ive read about Stan Headleys boat manners , it sounds as if he takes things a wee bit to seriously by all accounts.

When we meet I'll tell you about the experience John and I had with the same gent a few years ago

Go To Front Page