News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Loch fishers bible & Trout hunting

Started by lochstyle, November 09, 2006, 06:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochstyle

Hi All,
After reading both books i would definitely recommend them :D For the loch fisher Stan's book is ideal one of the best written on the subject in my opinion.
Bob Wyatt's Trout Hunting is also excellent if river fishing is your preference, if i have a critcism it would be that i was not that impressed by the stillwater section but i think that's down to Bob's background of being brought up on river fishing. Must say though i thought it was a great read :D
Lochstyle

Wildfisher

Well, I have read both and it would be a great mistake to draw comparisons.

For me Bob's book is  philosophy and I can pay it no greater compliment  than that. I could hardly put it down, it is the best fishing book I have ever read. I put it up there with Clarke and Falkus.   

Stan's  book is a "how to" written by a versatile Scottish loch  angler who really knows his subject well. Both books are born  of decades of experience.

I have met both authors and the encounters were, let's just say, very very different. If I could only meet one of them again I know which it would be. But this is about the books, both of which are excellent and are worth reading.

Go To Front Page