News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wild Alaskan Salmon

Started by Black-Don, February 11, 2012, 10:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black-Don

I picked up some sustainably caught wild Alaskan salmon the other week and thought I'd share this recipe which works equally well with any fish.

Take a bit of tinfoil, spread some olive oil and place you fish on the foil.
Season with salt, pepper and dill.
Add some sliced onions, garlic if required, leeks or fennel or similar veg and a few slices of lemon with a knob of butter ( optional ).
Depending on the size of your tinfoil, fold in half or place another sheet on top.
Seal by folding the edges 2 or 3 times leaving one end open.
Pour in some white wine ( optional ) and seal the end by folding again.
Fire it in the oven at 190 F for 20-25 mins
Bring to the table and serve with veggies such as potatos, carrots, broccoli or a nice salad.
The juice can be thickened by using some cornflour to for a sauce if so desired.

Enjoy !

dazdidge

I do the same on a braai but with lemon grass, garlic and crushed black peppper.

Daz

Black-Don

Quote from: daz on February 12, 2012, 01:18:17 AM
I do the same on a braai but with lemon grass, garlic and crushed black peppper.

Daz

It's a cooking method that lends itself well to the braai. Only used it a couple of times with some small seatrouts and  trouts though.

You don't hear them called that very much in Scotchland but I reckon it's a term that could catch on  :)

dazdidge

I have tried enlightening my friends but they just can't get the word into their heads? Even though its easier to say than barbecue! I was born in newcastle (south africa) and to me it is a braai not a barbecue. I cook outside as much as I can, and a braai in the middle of winter can't be beaten,
The foil parcel is great because it stops the food drying out and pretty much steams the fish, throw in a few wood chips to add a wee bit of smokey flavour

Daz

Buanán

My pal Tich, does a lovely trout like that in the foil at the loch side on a wee heather fire. Never thought about doing it like that at home.

Go To Front Page