News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

tying for hard up beginers

Started by Fin, April 08, 2007, 10:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fin

Hi everyone, just need a little advice. Having been kindly giving a vice and tools for a gift, i need some tying stuff e.g threads feathers etc. Could anyone tell me what i need to get started. Ihave a voucher for ?40 from mallochs in perth, i know it's not much but it might get me started.

There are many good fly tying guys on this forum so would be glad of some help :) :). Prob start with spiders and wets etc, bibios bieng a fav fly of mine.

All the best Fin :D :D

Fin

You hav'nae cleaned your drawers for ages!! :shock:. I'm away to spend it 2morrow, it's burning a hole in my drawers.. I will come up and snaffle some freebies though, will teachers do? :lol: :lol:

Fin

Fin

Cheers for that info gentlemen, have printed it of for refrence. 

you'r right Breac, Ardbeg ears prick up at the slightest mention of  whisky.

whisky whisky whisky whisky. Oh got to go there's a knock on the door.

cheers Fin :lol: :lol:

sandyborthwick

Just a quick tip Fin - if you can bear the embarrassment - find the wife's best haberdashery shop and have a mooch in there - excellent stuff like dyed mohair wools etc cheap as chips and makes life easy for Fly-tying. The Mohair makes the idea of dubbing seem a bit old hat if your looking for a quick start, you'll also find all sorts from glass & metal beads to tinsels at a fraction of the costs found elsewhere. I'm sure some of my friends think that I'm turning the other way - but rest assured it can be worth the snigger's and jokes sent in your direction - some of my most coveted materials have been found cheaply this way over the years.

Sandy B.O.

Go To Front Page