News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New to fishing looking for someone to fish with

Started by gordon84, May 08, 2009, 09:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordon84

Hi all, im new to the forum and fishing, I just got a rod and reel yesterday and im desperate to get out and give it a go, but im not sure where to start and thought it would be good if I could get out with someone who has done a bit of fishing and its always good to have a bit of company as well I reckon.

If anyone fancies a bit of fishing with a newbie let me know, cheers

G

Inchlaggan

Ditto "where are you based?" and to where would you like/ are able to travel?
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Black-Don

Ditto, Ditto and welcome.

Where are you based mate. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you out.

This is an excellent forum and the knowledge on here is unsurpassable.

gordon84

hey hows it going, thanks for the welcome, been reading through the forums sounds like theres a lot of info to be gained here.

Im based in Glasgow, I don't drive but can travel on train or bike

Im just desperate to get out catching get some confidence up and get enjoying the sport really, but reckon if I went myself the first time it would be a frustrating day lol but hey I suppose thats fishing

haresear

Whereabouts in Glasgow are you Gordon and what gear have you bought?

Alex

Protect the edge.

gordon84

Hey hows it going, I stay in cardonald but can travel around no worries.  Was thinking the kelvin might have been a good place to start but can't seem to find anyone that fancies it, but im willing to fish anywhere.

I got a leeda quicksilver rod and a cortland cx reel, I don't know much about the rods and stuff so put my faith in the guy in the shop.

So anyone up for a bit of fishing?

haresear

Quote from: zoomer on May 09, 2009, 07:33:27 PM
your not far from albertos casing club in nightswood park, thursdas evenings 6.30 on, for fishing proper though, if you get a chance of fishing proper with someone off the forum, take em up on it quick.

Gordon, go for the casting night first. In fly fishing casting is a very important part - much more so than in other types of fishing. You will get some great advice and instruction. Maybe see you there.

Alex
Protect the edge.

shanksi

Gordon,
As zoomer and haresear have said if you can mange I would get along to Knightswood Park on a Thursday night for some instruction as it only costs ?1 and these guys know what they're talking about.  Unfortunately due to work I can't make it on Thursday's and I believe the Sunday morning one is only for practice.

Ian

Black-Don

I had a look last week and was intending going this week but it would appear I have a meeting to go to on Thursday evening.  :roll:
Seems a very good wee casting school.

Malcolm

Quote from: guest on May 11, 2009, 10:07:26 PM
I had a look last week and was intending going this week but it would appear I have a meeting to go to on Thursday evening.  :roll:
Seems a very good wee casting school.
Don,
If it's fishing club meeting I'm going to on Thursday then the protective gear suggested by Alex for Knightswood park will stand you in good stead. First fishing club EGM I know off where stewards from a private security firm have been brought in!

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page