News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Grayling- Avon or the Clyde

Started by Big G, December 02, 2008, 08:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big G

Hi all, just registered 2 Min's ago and this is my first post. Bit new to all of this so might take bit of getting used to.

where is the best fishing for grayling and why ? - The Clyde or Avon.?

alancrob

Welcome BigG

Plenty of your family on here already.......

the WeeGies.   :roll:

A.

Big G

Ha Ha, what about the river calder ? it runs just down the back of my house near cleland.

haresear

Never heard of any grayling in the Calder, BG, but they could be there.

The Avon at Hamilton used to be quite reliable for grayling and there were decent numbers around Stonehouse too. I'd say the Clyde is a safer bet though.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Big G

heard the garrion brig USED to be a safe bet as well but as i dont know anyone who fishes there either i'm at a bit of a loss. :crap

Big G

haresear

Quote from: Big G on December 02, 2008, 09:05:07 PM
heard the garrion brig USED to be a safe bet as well but as i dont know anyone who fishes there either i'm at a bit of a loss. :crap

A bit limited , but yes, the grayling are there. Dalserf and Mauldslie/Rosebank and Crossford are all decent areas on the lower river.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Big G

think i'm confused. dont know who i'm saying hello too. thanks for the warm welcome.

P.S I'm not drunk - yet :roflmao

Big G

i know where crossford is but how far from there is dalserf ? :dunno

haresear

Dalserf is the first turning on the left (heading from the Garrion toward Crossford) after the Garrion bridge, before you get to Mauldslie estate. Turn left onto Kirk road, park at the church car park and the river is across the fields from you.

Weighted nymphs in various colours should do fine.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page