News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What float tube?

Started by SoldierPmr, November 08, 2014, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

I know this has probably been done to death but there is a lot of experienced float tubers on here and I was wondering which one to invest in.

I was thinking maybe the Ron Thompson  for around the £120ish

wlllc

How do you intend to use it?  Drive to the lake, hike to the lake, in windy or calm areas, etc.  A recommendation must be suited to users needs.

SoldierPmr

Preferably something I can fit into a day sack or burgan to travel to tarns and other ponds with but something I could use on bigger waters also.
Something what sits you fairly high for comfort too.

Bobfly

Best for being strongly made and robust has to be the Steve Parton "Cruiser" model. None now made but spend time looking for a second hand one and you could be lucky.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

Alright mate, I've nearly bought this a few times but never been quite sure when I would use it but it looks the part and being sold here for £132, Glasgow angling centre sell them for £280 So must me of a decent standard and seems a bargain. Might ask Santa.........

aliferste

I have a Snowbee and love it - was my first season using it and it has certainly changed the way I fish. Now I go afloat when ever possible!

It is not money wasted!

Lochan_load

We never did get that days fishing Alastair, maybe float tubing next year!

SoldierPmr

I do like the snowbee one after having a look and it seems fairly light too.

wlllc

What is the maximum acceptable weight for your float tube?

Go To Front Page