News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What float tube?

Started by SoldierPmr, November 08, 2014, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

That's a good question. If  you are carrying the thing uphill you want it as light as possible. I liked The Shakespeare Expedition Float Tube it was 4KG (just under 9lbs) and was a good balance between  weight and safety. Sadly I don't believe  that tube is made now.

shad

I have tried a few and my favourite is the guideline drifter, which looks similar to the hart one in the link.It sits higher in the water than others great to fish from , but its a bit heavier than more basic tubes.

Just spotted this one which looks the same as the hart-http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lineaeffe-camo-Belly-boat-kick-boat-float-tube-for-game-trout-pike-fishing-/360794134157?pt=UK_BOI_Packing_Postal_Supplies_Labels_LE&hash=item540101968d

Lochan_load

Right stop it now, I've just bought a jacket, I've still got two capes, a new vice, jungle cock cape, waders and wading boots to buy and now this! And all for fish I don't eat! Used to be hard to justify to the wife......now becoming impossible!!

Wildfisher

Andy,  my advice if you want to watch the fishing money would be do not spend a lot of money of fly tying materials. It's not necessary. I have 2 cabinets full and the stuff I use regularly could fit into one drawer. Even although I use only a narrow range of materials I catch a hell of a lot of fish.    Alex was up here a few weeks ago and looking at the vast array of fly tying stuff commented that he was the same. Masses of stuff that he has bought and will never use. Buy good tools though, no matter what you are doing good tools make the job more enjoyable.

Of course that is my advice about fly tying for fishing - fly tying for fly tying sake is a different  thing  and a hobby in its own right and for that you will require a lot of stuff.

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on November 08, 2014, 11:06:59 PM
Right stop it now, I've just bought a jacket, I've still got two capes, a new vice, jungle cock cape, waders and wading boots to buy and now this! And all for fish I don't eat! Used to be hard to justify to the wife......now becoming impossible!!
you got a kayak yet?  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

I just need a couple of Indian capes for palmering and gonna get the vice for Christmas, always something else I want tho! Stopped buying stuff 'just to try' because I have got loads and most of it just sits, and no Dave no kayak!! Nearly bought an Orkney boat off eBay earlier in the year, didn't even know where I was going to use it  :roll:

SoldierPmr

Any one got any experience with the foam seats I take it they are a bit big for most back packs but could fit snuggley at the bottom of a burgan? Have the float tube folded at the bottom then a doss bag on top. tent in the left rocket pouch and jet boil some food in right rocket pouch?

aliferste

Quote from: Lochan_load on November 08, 2014, 06:08:18 PM
We never did get that days fishing Alastair, maybe float tubing next year!

I have no idea where the season went !

SoldierPmr

Well I've just ordered my self the Snowbee R 19450 tube for Xmass tube comes with fins bag and a pump to get started straight away. What drew my attention to it was 1, you sit fairly high 2, inflateable seats easy to fold into a Bergen with other kit  :)

Lochan_load

Nice merry Christmas!  :lol:

Go To Front Page