News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Is this over the top

Started by superscot, November 11, 2014, 11:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Gents i don't tie flees, but enjoy the creations made and posted on this forum by various members, came across this and have to say they do look good ! But is it a bit over the top ! Would you buy them !

[attachimg=1] 

And the link to the site and the video

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1049858844/fishing-flies-so-realistic-fish-just-cant-say-no

Lochan_load

Bit over the top for me, they look realistic but not convinced they would fish well, think that more general representations like Freds recently would give more enticing effect and movement in the water

SoldierPmr

I think they would make good ornamentes but I don't know I just have the feeling they wouldn't fish very well at all look abit stiff.

corsican dave

I don't think they really look any more realistic than some of the more "traditional" patterns. just different. if you look at the link to their site and see the mayfly pattern next to the real thing; it's nothing like  :?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

haresear

I wouldn't buy them , but the terrestrials are perfectly useable and don't look too much of a faff to tie. For example the foam beetle is just a neater version of one of the patterns I use just now and the black terrestrial at top right is pretty simple too. Just the heat kinking on the legs is tricky, but you don't really need to do that anyway.

I do like legs (usually rubber or krystal flash) on my terrestrials as I think it makes for another trigger to say "eat me".

The mayflies look like they will twist the leader, so I wouldn't use them or attempt to tie anything like them. Not that I could :)

Alex   
Protect the edge.

Bobfly

Those ones pictured at the top are nowhere as realistic as the ones tied by J:son of Sweden ( a shortening he uses of his name Johansson ). He ties the most exquisite tiny flies that look very real, as well as some very large dragonfly nymphs and things like Oliver Edwards does. I once won 24 of J:son's flies along with a hand-made box from him but they have all stayed at home because they seem more like art pieces and are too good to waste ...... so I do not know if they are great fish catchers or not. The J:son flies are on sale at the angling place at Stirling for several pounds each !
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Complete and utter bollocks. Model making.

I would put money on these models catch fewer fish than basic impressionistic patterns

Go To Front Page