News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Great minds  :lol: don't suppose your next fly is going to be a machair claret is it !??

Clan Chief

Nah! More Doorys and a few loch ordie variants   :lol:

SoldierPmr

10s and 12s are big fleas 14 seems to work best down this neck of the woods. For trad wets how big will the trout take them?

Clan Chief

When fishing trad wets I normally use 12s but use 10s ocassionaly especially in a big wave. I recall a few years ago, 10's doing very well on Watten from the boat in a big wave.

Lochan_load

All I'm tying just now are 10's and the odd 12, I've got the south uist trip in mind tho (even thought it's nearly a year away!) so thinking of boat fishing and a wave. If I'm fishing wets I usually start with 10's and work down but if it gets to 14's I'm usually fishing a different type of fly, dries, sedgehogs, hoppers etc I'm by no means an expert tho, far better folk than me to comment.

Here's that machair claret, lost my b175s so this is on a barbless hook, nice hook but no downturn at the eye so hard to get a tidy head

[attachimg=1]

Hill loch gold

Quote from: SoldierPmr on November 24, 2014, 06:18:26 PM
10s and 12s are big fleas 14 seems to work best down this neck of the woods. For trad wets how big will the trout take them?

I've seen myself using size 6 wets in a big wave on known whumper waters  :D

JimJams

Seeing how neat all these flies are stresses me out lol, i need to be less ham fisted with my tying.  :whistling

Lochan_load

Cheers for that andy, baring in mind what you just said it might be a bad time to add this behemoth of a muddler Kate, size 8 long

[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

sorry to disagree with you, but that is not a behemoth..... :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

That must've been some size of deer!

Go To Front Page