News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wild Fishing Brigadoon.

Started by piscatus absentis, January 05, 2009, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

I was standing beside this wee hielan? burn waiting for the rise.  Upstream to my left was a picturesque hump backed stone bridge and a road could be seen wandering off into the heather that must have stood five foot high.

Then I heard voices singing, ?The Heather on the Hill? and soon an old gnarled Scotsman came into view although all I could see above the heather was his Glengarry and weather-beaten face.  Beside him, and hard to see above the heather was an equally gnarled but much smaller Scotsman shouting out the occasional, ?hoots mon, it?s a braw,braw day for a song?.   I had to rub my eyes ? Malcolm and Davy ? both in full Disney highland rig-out with kilts above their knees and knobbly sticks (I think it was sticks).  The stood in the centre of the bridge, a pastiche of Gene Kelly and Van Johnson, still singing about the heather on the hill.  ?Ach well?, I thought, ?as long as Cyd Charisse turns up it?ll take my mind off those two?.

Then a more masculine voice was heard singing, ?It?s Almost like being in Love?, and a brawny Scotsman with bare, muscular, midge bitten arms came marching down the road  festooned with cameras and photographic gear plus  tripods in slings over his back.  ?Bugger aff you lot?, he shouted, ?Ah?m the Superscot and you lot are ruining the scenery?. 

?Bugger aff yersel?, he was told, ?we?re waiting for Cyd Charisse an? tae have a keek at her legs and knickers?.  ?Fair enough?, he agreed, and proceeded to set up three tripods and six cameras, ?ah?ll make sure ah get a picture o? her ? she?s a cracker?.

We waited and soon the strains of, ?Waiting for my Dearie?, were heard faintly.  All of our eyes were fixed on the distant bend in the road and suddenly a female form appeared.  I won?t swear to it but I?m sure some kilts stood to attention as we watched her approach.

It was only when she got closer that we noticed it was Mary Doll and she hadn?t aged very well.  Then I woke up from  my Brigadoon nightmare.

Pearly Invicta

PA- You're needing a wee bit more water with it. Or less Dunsyre Blue at bedtime.  :D

River Chatter

Let me get this right. A group of men standing to attention, without a kilt between them, reminds you of the crask Allan?  :lol:

Ian_M

Was this the "Mary Doll" you saw?

Ian

Go To Front Page