News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

I thought I'd tie an imitation of a LDO coz I have not seen any this year, missing them dearly.  Some great flees on this thread.

cheers

paul

Black-Don

Crackin' flees Scott, well done.  :8)

That's a nice flee Paul. Is it Ostrich you've used for the body ?

bibio1

When I can get some I use heron herl and dye it yellow. It really is good and goes a lovely olive colour when wet.

cheers

Paul

scotty9

Cheers guys  :D Tied 10 more on a size 16 this time - just gotta hope I catch something now!

And yes Paul that is a nice fly indeed!

paulr

Nice flies folks.
You make me sick Scott, I've been tying flies for a couple of years and still haven't reached that standard of consistency.Is there anything you're shite at?
They look like fish catchers for sure, let's get out and see what the fish think of them soon.
cheers
Paul

scotty9

Quote from: paulr on April 19, 2010, 12:51:47 PM
Nice flies folks.
You make me sick Scott, I've been tying flies for a couple of years and still haven't reached that standard of consistency.Is there anything you're shite at?
They look like fish catchers for sure, let's get out and see what the fish think of them soon.
cheers
Paul

Haha thanks Paul! Let me see...... aye of course, I just don't bother with those things!  :makefun

Exams are finished a month today, so will give you a shout around then! It's long overdue!

River Chatter

Here's some of the flies I tied up for a saltwater trip,

scotty9

Very nice John, really like the ones in the last pic.

What is the reasoning behind started the wing half way down the shank on some?

River Chatter

Those ones are for Tarpon, which have really abrasive jaws that can work through nylon really quickly.  So this style, coupled with heavy nylon shock tippets, helps bring them to hand.

deergravy

Those DHEs are pretty much bang-on, Scott :applause

Klinks and dirty pollies next!

Go To Front Page