News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

The deergravy endorsement  :shock: Now i'm happy!

Off to finish off the nymph i'm playing with then into some dirty pollies....

deergravy

Scott, the Dirty Polly (upright wing version) is a dead easy tie if you get the wing tied in right - three tight wraps round the middle of the yarn, then pull the ends up and wrap tightly around them to bring the ends together.
Take care to keep the wing dead straight/vertical  and also to clip the hackle so it's symmetrical.

Hopefully the pics will show what I mean.

paulr

Been tying up some favourites for my assault on the North East rivers this weekend.

Size 14 haresear klinks

[attachimg=1]

size 16 olive emergers

[attachimg=2]

size 12 and 14 flexifloss nymphs.These have a few wraps of lead under the thorax to take them down a bit.When wet they could mistaken for most nymphy, stoneclinger type beasties. These are my current choice for hanging under a klink.

[attachimg=3]

Clan Chief

scotty9

Thanks Dave - see what you mean perfectly! Also a nice simple tie, brilliant!  :D Will be tying up a few tomorrow, was on nymphs again tonight. Got your hooks to get to you as well, my exams mean no fishing for me just now though  :(

Paul - they look very good!

scotty9

Been tying nymphs last couple nights, some glister nymphs that do very well in NZ according to a well respected guide and some wire nymphs.

Black-Don

Clansman

Nice flee there black don.
could you post the tying please?

Black-Don

Quote from: Wild Boar on April 22, 2010, 11:27:24 PM
Nice flee there black don.
could you post the tying please?

No probs M8. It was supposed to be a beadhead cruncher variant but should really use a hen furnace hackle and wouldn't have a wing case or gold bead in order to be a cruncher but then again, I suppose that's what makes it a variant.  :roll: :)

Hook B170 size 10
Red Uni thread 8/0
Tail Hen Pheasant
Boby red UTC wire
Thorax peacock herl / wing case Hen pheasant
Head hackle Furnace Cock ( Metz )
Gold head Bead.

Am gonnae tie some other wire flees the noo !

Clan Chief

Not long finished tying this . I am going up to Hillend soon to give it a swim!

Go To Front Page